WeTeach_CS Summit 2021
WeTeach_CS Summit 2021
Date and Time
June 30, 2021 - July 1, 2021
Registration Closes: June 15, 2021, 11:59 p.m.
Contact NameNathalie Beausoleil
VIRTUAL PLATFORM: The CS Summit will be hosted in Gather Town.
Gather Town is a video-calling space that lets multiple people hold separate conversations in parallel, walking in and out of those conversations just as easily as they would in real life. We strongly encourage you to try out Gather Town ahead of the summit so that you have a feel for how the platform works. To give it a test run, head over to the official Walkthrough and Conference demos! In addition to using Gather Town, please plan on installing Zoom for the Plenary sessions.
If you need help understanding how to use Gather Town or need to troubleshoot an issue, please checkout the following support documents:
Please note that you will need a microphone and a webcam to fully participate in the summit, and Gather Town only supports the Chrome and Firefox web browsers on desktop computers. Gather Town does not work on mobile devices or the Safari web browser.
There will be 28 learning sessions at this year's Summit appropriate for novice, intermediate, and advanced computer science educators. Topics include:
- Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
- Block and Text Based Programming
- Building K-12 Computer Science Pathways
- Curricular Resources
- Cybersecurity and Digital Citizenship
- Industry Engagement
- Integrating Computer Science in to Core and Elective Subjects
- Pedagogy and Classroom Management for Computer Science Classes
- Physical Computing
- Student and Family Engagement and Resources
We are awarding a limited number of scholarships to cover the registration fee for educators to attend the Summit. CLICK HERE TO APPLY.
2021 Change Maker and Mini-Grant Awards
Do you know a teacher, counselor, or administrator making an impact in CS in their community? Nominate them for a WeTeach_CS Change Maker award to acknowledge their work.
Do you have a fantastic idea to improve teaching and learning in your classroom? Apply for a WeTeach_CS Mini-Grant to support instructional resources and materials for K-12 Computer Science.
Thank you to Texas Instruments for their generous sponsorship!
- Payments are due before this event.
- Event limited to 350 participants.
- Registration deadline is 6/15/2021.
- SWAG will be sent to the mailing address provided during registration.
- Registration and payment instructions can be found during checkout or here.
Exhibitors can register here.
Certificates stating 14 hours of Continuing Professional Education hours (CPE credits) earned can be downloaded from the UTakeIt dashboard after the participant has completed the online course evaluation. Any questions about certificates should be directed toward the contact person listed on this page.
Registration or Payment Questions?
Registration and payment instructions can be found during checkout or here.
Photographic Consent and Media Release Policy
Please check our HELP/FAQ information here.
Virtual Platform: Gather.Town - A dedicated link will be provided provided a few week before the CS Summit event.
Online Session Schedule: Sched.com - A link to the Summit sessions will be provided a few weeks before the event.
- Wednesday, June 30: 9:00 AM to 4:30 PM - Login/questions/troubleshooting will start at 8:00 AM
- Thursday, July 1: 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM
Registration Access Code
Purchase an access code for one or more people. The access code must be redeemed by the number of persons selected at checkout to complete registration.Purchase Access Code